The ‘Sergeant at Arms’ manages the physical aspects of meetings.
Specific duties include:
* Arrive early before meetings and set up the room. (For example: chairs, banner, lights, lectern, nametags.)
* Act as master host in welcoming members and guests.
* Help with the orderly conduct of the meetings – for example, collecting ballots and counting votes.
* After meetings, restore the room to the condition required by the landlord/owner.
* Between meetings, look after club property that cannot be stored at the meeting venue.
* Coordinate and implement orders of equipment supplies.
At our club the SAA starts the meeting too!